Click a question to see the answer expand.
Some benefits of therapy include:
- Discovering new ways to solve problems
- Attaining insight into personal patterns and behavior
- Identifying and challenging unhealthy behavior patterns
- Developing new skills for handling stress and anxiety
- Improving management of anger and depression
- Navigating life’s obstacles more effectively
- Improving listening, communication and relationship skills
- Enhancing the overall quality of life
- Continued support and guidance as client transitions from higher level of care
Individual sessions are $150, couple sessions are $200, groups are $50-$75. Initial assessments are $210.
Sessions generally last 45-60 minutes and are held on a weekly basis. If your issues require it we may meet more or less frequently.
We are out of network providers and are happy to submit claims on your behalf to your insurance provider. Details of this arrangement will be discussed prior to your first appointment. Alternately, we can provide an invoice at the end of each session for you to submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement.
We strongly recommend that you contact your insurance provider prior to your first session to determine your mental health coverage. Please ask the following:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- Does my plan have out of network benefits?
- Do I have a deductible & has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year am I covered for?
- What is the coverage amount per session?
- Do I need approval/referral from my primary care physician?
- Suspected child, dependent adult or elder abuse – The therapist is required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- Client threatens serious bodily harm to another person – The therapist must inform the police and notify the intended victim.
- Client reports intent to harm him/herself – The therapist will make every effort to maintain client’s safety with client’s cooperation. If client does not cooperate, measures will be taken to ensure client’s safety without client’s permission.
Please see the form titled Informed Consent Regarding Limitations on Confidential Communications for a more detailed explanation.
If the issue of medication comes up, initiated either by you or us, we will assist you in identifying an appropriate provider to assess this need.